Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Freinds,

One small query,

I am using the function module "CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2"

for the display of BOM Components.

This function module returns one Bill of material (STLNR) for every Component (IDNRK). But when checked in STPO table, the same component is having many Bill of material.

Moreover this function module is returning standard price for the all the components as "0", but when checked against MBEW table, these components have price associated with them.

I could not find the documentation for this function module in English.

Any help to resolve to this issue will be really appreciable.

Regards,

Usha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

A material have only 1 BOM for the combination :

plant / valid date / use of the Bom

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

A material have only 1 BOM for the combination :

plant / valid date / use of the Bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fill pass MEHRS value.

Mehrs = 'X'

Rgds,

Manohar E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Infact i am not sure if this would be helpful but you can try using 'CS_BOM_EXPLOSION'.I get my BOMs using this FM.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

A component can be used in several BOMs. Think of BOM as a list of components and quantities that go into the making of a finished or semi-finished product such as a computer table. Now the same knob that is a component used in the making of the table can also be used in the making of say a student desk. So the component 'knob' will be there in the BOM of both the computer table and the student desk. Also, let us say there are two variations of the computer table, but they use the same knob. In this case, there may two alternatives for the computer table BOM, but still use the same component. I hope this clarifies your doubt about why STPO has several BOMs for the same component.

Now coming to standard price not being returned. You need to pass 'X' to the parameter MBWLS of the function module.

Hope this helps,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Please reward and close the post if resolved.