Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM mapping with change number error during IDoc process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am creating BOM using IDoc BOMMAT04.i have checked this IDoc will use FM IDOC_INPUT_BOMMAT inside.

in this function module, it is using FM CSAP_MAT_BOM_CREATE and CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN to create and change.

currently, creation and deletion is success. but when change, if the change number passed as an input parameter, the IDoc process error saying that the BOM header not allowed to update for read-only field.

if i not pass the change number, the change will be success, but no change number displayed in the item. that is not the user expected.

and if i delete the bom with change number, create a new BOM for the same material is not aloowed, saying that BOM already existing.

it seems that CSAP_MAT_BOM_CREATE and CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN cannot support much. it is limited.

can anyone have any good solutions? thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of change

What is the value you are passing to

E1SZUTH-MSGFN, are you passing '004'.

Regards

Madhan D

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of change

What is the value you are passing to

E1SZUTH-MSGFN, are you passing '004'.

Regards

Madhan D

0 Kudos

yeah, for the change, i have solved it.

but currently, if i delete the existing BOM with a change number, the re-creation is not allowed by the IDoc saying that the BOM already existing.

if i delete in CS02 without change number, it deleted from DB and can be re-create.

but if delete in IDoc without change number, it failed saying that local BOM can not be deleted by ALE.

do you have any solution? i want to implment in IDoc: delete existing BOM and create a new one for the same material with change number. (currently the standard IDoc FM not support BOM group)

0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check the OSS note

Note 868742 - ALE: BOM deletion is not possible

Pls take opinion from SAP / Basis before implementing the note

Regards

Madhan D

0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

thanks for your suggestion. the deletion is solved. but another problem comes out: when i create a BOM or add new items, the valid to date is default to 9999.12.31, as i know this is the SAP standard. but my project requirement is the valid to date equals to the date from the input file, namely a specfic date, not 9999.12.31.

i tried and debuged, but i cannot see 99991231 in the IDoc FM, and cannot implement the customer requirements.

do you have any solution to implement the specific valid to date? thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

Hi

You can think of implementing user exit

Enhancement - PCSD0001

Function Module - EXIT_SAPLCSDI_001

Modify the field CTRLDATA-DATUB

Regards

Madhan D

0 Kudos

thank you very much!

0 Kudos

HI expert ,

how you solve the deletion part, plz let  me know .
i need to delete the boim with line item. so plz let me know what are the mandatory parameter to delete the BOM in Function module CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN which is inside the IDOC BOMMAT04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create and change BOMs using IDOC's (BOMMAT04).

If you have any mapping document to create/change BOM with segment information to be filled, could you please share with me.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey fang,

Can u please tell me how you resolved the change BOM issue. I have a text file having the data t be changed( I am changing quantity here). If I upload using BOMMAT04 it gives an error saying the material already exists.