Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL207 error - Log record not found in FM BAL_LOG_HDR_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you help me understand why FM BAL_LOG_HDR_CHANGE is not working for me. I'm populating the import parameter I_LOG_HANDLE with a log handle (guid) a saved in BALHDR and i'm populating the import parameter I_S_LOG with basis header data like OBJECT; ALTCODE and ALPROG. However, I get a log not found message. Is there a step that i'm missing? When i run debug, it appears the program is trying to access the log from memory and hitting this code which errors each time:

• access the memory where all data are stored

macro_access_data.

• find log

READ TABLE <g>-t_ldat ASSIGNING <l_s_ldat>

WITH KEY log_handle = i_log_handle.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.

MESSAGE e207(bl) RAISING log_not_found.

ENDIF.

Any help on this matter wil be very helpful.

Thanks,

Jamie

4 REPLIES 4

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to execute this FM by populating value manually ?? Have you checked you have any log value present for the Object or Subobject ?

Yes this will go and check the error/warnings/success happend in transaction level and from memory.

If possible ,kindly check the FM from any application log t code where you have data.

0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Yes, I used se37 to populate my parameter values manually to create a log with no problems. However, when i used the same approach to change a couple of fields on Log Header created, i get the "Log record not found" problem. Let me know, what i'm doing wrong.... I confirmed that a log was created in table BALHDR and i can display the same via tcode SGL1.

Thanks again, Jamie

0 Kudos

All,

Here's some additional information:

I'm running on SAP ECC 6.0 release 702 level 0007. Can anyone create a simple log on their SAP system then take the generated log handle (guid) and try to change their log header via BAL_LOG_HDR_CHANGE? The log handle can also be obtained fron BALHDR table. After further testing via SE37, I discovered that i'm getting the exact same error message while trying to do a simple read using FM "BAL_LOG_HDR_READ". This FM has only two parameters.... 1). Log handle and 2). language.

I also ran the BAL_LOG_HDR_CHANGE FM in a simple program to auto populate the parameters and got the same error message. Thinking this may help, I also made sure the following includes was in my program:

1. sbal_boolean,

2. sbal_constants,

3. sbaltype,

4. sbal_access,

5. sbalmacr.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jamie

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are correct, FM BAL_LOG_HDR_READ is not returning any value if searched with log handle GUID .. I have tried using BAL_DB_SEARCH, where in LOG filter, input value LOGNUMBER ( dont put GUID, use LOGNUMBER ) then correct o/p has came. Now for changing the log I have to check.