Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Material creation cs01 with table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create BOM using cs01 through Call transaction program.

In this transaction i am uploading items details through the table control.

I am able to see only 14 lines in table control.

I am tring to insert 15th record using p+ okcode ..it is working fine.

like if counter > 14.

writing p+ functionality.

endif.

it is having in table control screen edit->new entries,insert are there.

but recording it is showing deactivate.

so i am using P+ okcode option.

Now i am able to insert any number of items.

here my question is if in qualityor production system more than 14 lines means 15 or 16

my code is working or not?

what is the approach in this scenario?

please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Padma.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q: Will the number of lines vary in Quality or Production -> If so will it work?

(A) When we are recording a transaction through SHDB, there is an option(checkbox) called 'Default size'.

If this is ticked,always the screen size or the number of lines which appears on the screen will be uniform,irrespective of the size of the screen used for display.The 'P+' ,I believe is a scroll option to provide the next line of entries in this case.

Here , we assume that if the recording is done properly and tested in development,it will remain same throughout the landscapes.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Byju

0 Kudos

Do the recording correctly and pass the counter correct one.Finally you need to pass the CTUPARAMAS parameter for screen resolution to call transaction synatx.Test it thoroughly before move to quality.It can work in all systems.

prasoon_sahay
Participant
0 Kudos

Set the screen size as standard which will ALWAYS be same for Dev, QA Prod system.

DATA opt TYPE ctu_params.

opt-DEFSIZE = 'X'.

CALL TRANSACTION <TCODE> USING bdcdata_tab OPTIONS FROM opt.