Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best solution for search help for selection field VBPA-PERNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I had created a SQ01 report and I have a selection screen field that reference field PERNR from table VBPA. My problem is that this field has no assignment to a search help or matchcode object (PREM) and I want to do this (offer to the end-user the possibility to select the PERNR value based on other fields).

From what I read, I can assign one search help to the field modifying the table VBPA. I don't now exactly how to do that and if this one is the best solution.

Any opinion from you is more than helpful.

Regards,

Florina

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

U need to create a new search help and assign to the selection screen field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

parameters: pernr type vbapa-pernr matchcode id PREM.

santhosh

0 Kudos

Thanks All.

I have to modify the code for the program generated when I created the report with SQ01? I thought I could set this attribute somewhere in tcode SQ01 or SQ02. If it is possible and I don't know how, please tell me.

Meanwhile I will try this way (modifying the code for the program).

Thanks again.

Florina

0 Kudos

To modify this code program I need an access key. There is no other way?

Thanks.

Florina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even with the access key it is not possible for me to modify the AQ* program (reserved for SAP). For the SAP Query I had the possibility to create variants (for the selection fields), to create one tCode for each variant. I can't do this if I create a Z* identical program with AQ* program.

There is no other way to assign this matchcode to the field?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Elementary search help and add that into in ur selet option screen field.

using MATCHCODE OBJECT <>

0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I have a SAP Query created with tCode SQ01. For this SAP Query I have a selection field for VBPA-PERNR but in selection screen I have no matchcode assigned to the field. (SQ01)

For the SAP Query I have one InfoSet.(SQ02)

There is a matchcode object PREM which I want to assign to the selection field VBPA-PERNR. So, in SQ02 - I write in the coding section START-OF-SELECTION:

====================================

select-options SH_Marca for vbpa-pernr matchcode object prem no

intervals.

====================================

When I execute the SAP Query, the report is not made for the value I chose in SH_Marca in selection screen. Something is missing..

I can't modify the select option for the screen field in the program code because it's an AQ* program.

I have to do something just using SQ01 or SQ02 tCode. It has to be a way to do this. But....I'm just a beginner, maybe I'm wrong.

Florina.

Message was edited by:

Cheta Florina

Message was edited by:

Cheta Florina

Message was edited by:

Cheta Florina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have the similar issue about VBPA-PERNR (although this post has posted long time ago ).

Though I dont use your solution but it give me an idea (combine others post).

Because our Query is kind of complicate, so I chose other way, this is what I do:

1. create a structure and has 1 field only which refer to domain "EPERNR" ( search help is EWAPERNR).     (Sample :  ST-PERNR)

2.1 In SQ02, add an addiitonal field NEW_PERNR(sample) refer to ST-PERNR.

2.2.In SQ02 -> Extras -> Add code to get value into NEW_PERNR.

3.  In SQ01, Use NEW_PERNR instead of original field PERNR in selection-screen.

this is what I do and it works fine...