Why is recording ME51N any different than, say, FB01... i.e. create new esssion, enter your name (e.g. "test1") and enter the Tcode and press enter...? One thing you will find with the "Enjoy" transactions, and other more recently developed SAP code, is that some functionality is developed with controls (e.g. the text editor) and this cannot be reached via BDC as the controls execute in the SAPGui, and not on the application server.. and SAP is recommending you head down the BAPI path now, so you should check out this as an option for your development too.
You can do recording for any TCODE with following steps -
- In SHDB create new recording
- Give recording name & TCODE for which you want to do recording
- Fill in all the details or actions you want to perform with your TCODE
- Once finishing all the activities in your TCODE, you'l get back to SHDB screen where you'l be able to see all the recording done by SHDB
- Save this recording
- You can process this recording N number of time through this saved recording
*Reward if useful.