Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC to upload Non-editable fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

For a data migration exercise, Objective is to develop an LSMW / BDC to update 10 fields in a custom infotype.

Out of 10, only two fields are input fields and the rest of them are non-editable fields.

How do we write to a non-editable field???

If we cant do it through this, suggest a way out......

Thanks

Kumarpal Jain.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BDC is only a way to do mass data transfer to sap system, which do things faster than manual entry but it will also use the same interface.

So if a field is not editable it cannot be updated through BDC also, so better search if any BAPI is available for that.

The answer for the question is , its not possible.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Will BAPI work on custom Infotype?

0 Kudos

I am not sure, but think we do not have BAPIs for Custom Infotypes.

So the answer is we cannot upload values to those non editable fields.

But i wonder why you want to upload to those non editable fields.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Since this is a custom Infotype...most of the values are computed and is only viewable data.....

Secondly this is a data migration exercise... and we have to load Historical data for Past 5 years into this infotype.....

I am planning to make the rest of 8 fields as Input fields till the data migration is complete and then revert them to Non-editable fields again......Do you think this would work?

0 Kudos

Since its a custom and not standard you have to right to play around with it unless it will not affect other infotypes or any related objects. This part should be investigated by you and if satisfied then you can carry on with the changes.

0 Kudos

I don't think by only changing the fields to be editable will allow you to upload data, the logic behind should also be modified so as to update that fields to the database.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked the way i suggested.........Thanks all....