Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC session error handling for IW41 transaction

former_member1052991
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the order confirmation is done by BDC session program, it is executed without any error. But if we do the same process manually, it is showing the error message as 'Posting period is Locked for 001 2012'. My question here is why this is not happening when it is executed through bdc session program.

Anyone can help us?

Thanks,

Guna

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is difficult to believe that you would get good results from background BDC process and error in foreground using same transaction and exactly the same data. Beyond that, why is month 1 of the current year locked? Are you absolutely sure that:

BDC works correctly? maybe does NOT and the errors have been missed or ignored?

Data is precisely the same for both BDC sessions?

Same transaction is called?

Sounds silly perhaps, but I have to believe that something is very different between the two sessions.

0 Kudos

It seems period 2012 has not been opened. No, it was working fine in Production server.

Let me debug and find the solution.

Thanks,

Guna

0 Kudos

Check what date are you passing in BDC...?

Nabheet

former_member544878
Participant
0 Kudos

Please check your BDC again. It will miss error message. If manually posted data were given a error, that should be populated in BDC also.

Thanks,

Rehan

Former Member
0 Kudos

check for exits that might be checking whether processing is done for foreground or background, this might be the one causing the error