Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC on enjoy tcode VL01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt. BDC's won't work for enjoy tcodes or it is not suggested? What kind of problems do I get if call transaction is made to VL01N tcode. In the present scenario, I am restricted to use 'VL01' because of some authorization problems. I have to create outbound delivery using 'VL01N' or using any BAPI.

I have looked for BAPI to create outbound delivery, which will take, 'shipping point', 'selection-date' , 'order no', and create order with reference. But, I didn't get any.

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya.

Message was edited by: Vishnu priya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI suggested 'BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA'

requires delivery number in the header data, which I will get only after successful outbound delivery order is created. And this BAPI documentation says 'You can use this method to distribute outbound deliveries from an ERP system to a WM system.' The same case with the other BAPI 'BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CONFIRM_DEC'. This also requires delivery number as input and it is not for creating outbound delivery.

Please suggest if there is any BAPI for creation of outbound delivery. I have written bdc and made call transaction to 'VL01N' and it is working fine in background also and creating outbound delivery and I could do post goods issue. Will this bdc on VL01N create any other problem?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

6 REPLIES 6

dani_mn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

yes BDC will not work on the SAP ENJOY transaction. you have to search for BAPI, or CATT method.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

pls check if <b>BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA</b> can meet ur requirements.

thanks,

Subba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check if this solves your purpose.

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CONFIRM_DEC

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishnu,

1. VL01N and various other enjoy

trasactions like me23N (and not me23)

are based on CONTROLS technology

2. For such BDC is not possible.

3. Due to this, if FM or BAPI is there,

it is recommended and advisable by SAP.

regards,

amit m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI suggested 'BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA'

requires delivery number in the header data, which I will get only after successful outbound delivery order is created. And this BAPI documentation says 'You can use this method to distribute outbound deliveries from an ERP system to a WM system.' The same case with the other BAPI 'BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CONFIRM_DEC'. This also requires delivery number as input and it is not for creating outbound delivery.

Please suggest if there is any BAPI for creation of outbound delivery. I have written bdc and made call transaction to 'VL01N' and it is working fine in background also and creating outbound delivery and I could do post goods issue. Will this bdc on VL01N create any other problem?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at OSS note #491875. Basically it says that there are no BAPIS that do everything that the transaction does and you should consider batch input using the old transaction (VL01).

Regards,

Senthil