Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC error for MM02

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BDC that I have created for the transaction MM02, stops for some records while for some records it runs perfectly fine. When I give the mode as 'E' or 'A' the BDC is stopped for the status message - "Reorder point considered only with reorder point or time-phased planning", which is not an error. If we press an Enter manually(without changing anything) then the transaction executes successfully. But when mode 'N' is given then the BDC skips the record and move ahead with next record. Also no error or status message is captured.

5 REPLIES 5

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Execution in BDC session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Background mode 'N' skipps all information & status messages and continues the processing. You may capture the messages in the internal table using below syntax

data t_err_msgs TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF bdcmsgcoll.

CALL TRANSACTION 'MM02'

USING t_bdctab " BDC data

MODE 'N'

UPDATE 'S'

MESSAGES INTO t_err_msgs.

Regrds,

Rajneesh

0 Kudos

hi ,

In BDC call transaction you have to explicitly handle the error handling

call transaction 'MM02' using bdcdata

mode gc_mode

messages into messtab .

loop at messtab.

call function 'MESSAGE_TEXT_BUILD'

exporting

msgid = messtab-msgid

msgnr = messtab-msgnr

msgv1 = messtab-msgv1

msgv2 = messtab-msgv2

msgv3 = messtab-msgv3

msgv4 = messtab-msgv4

importing

message_text_output = gc_msgtxt.

write 😕 gc_msgtxt .

endloop.

The above code will give you the output (success or failure) and also reason for the same for every material in BDCDATA.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have also faced this problem in maintaining output types for sales order through BDC......

It will stop when you execute in Mode E or A. as Mode E is to display errors ... errors does not means that it will be in Red... sometime BDC requires input for certain fields for like warning messages....that need to skipped....

The BDC program stops whenever there is a intereption from the normal recording process..... specifically in mode E and A....

But in mode N i.e no error mode... it only captures the error messages... of E type those which come as Red lined...

Thanks

manish

0 Kudos

Hi,

To handle this type of situation, first we need to know what is the reason to display the message '"Reorder point considered only with reorder point or time-phased planning".

and you have to add an additional logic in your BDC Code,

when the situation arrived,

if Mes = 0.

perform bdc_field using 'BDC_OKCODE'

'/00'.

endif.

Note: System will add a error message only if you get any warning or error messages while executing the transaction.

until you dont get error message, system treats that the transaction is executed successfully.

regards,

Jagan.