Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch process for printing out smartforms that contains '$' sign

lena_wu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the difficult problem when I print checks (smart format). The first check is ok, after the first print out, the second and rest of checks lost fond and '$' char. it seems the printer is very sensitive for '$'. Any suggestions are appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you define '$' in your smartform. Is it directly put or passed from the program varaible .

For multiple check printing do you do it in a loop or how??? See if the variable containing '$' gets wiped off in loop processing . Run in debugging in online mode for multiple printing and put a break point where the smartform is called . Here the check the variable containg '$' for the content.

Can you paste the code of print program ( at least the protion where smartform is called ).

Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lena,

Can you give more information about your Smartforms.

How many pages defined in the Smartform? What type of printer you are using etc.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod!

Only one page I defined, also I set SECOND page = FIRST. the printer dreiver is LEXUTF8. I should attach the smartforms, but I don't know how to attach it to here.

0 Kudos

Hi Lena,

Can you try printing in another printer?

You have mentioned in the first post that the font in the second page is going wrong, also the $ sign. Could you please let me know what is the exact problem?

Is the font in the first page and the remaining pages are different?

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

It may also be possible that the length defined for the field may not accommodate the complete value of the field for subsequent forms. Try enhancing the field length and test again.

0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod.

The problem only happened on the specific printer. I can print them out on other printer and have no problems.

when I print it on the specific printer, the first Check is ok, no errors. but second and rest of checks will lost '$' and fond which is a TOTAL AMOUNT field in a template text field. (because it's a batch process.)

The CHECK form is same, I only defined one PAGE. After application runs, it's a batch process and we issue a CHECK to students.

0 Kudos

Thank you!

I only defined one page. The field length is the same. I also use (C) to get rid of spaces.

0 Kudos

Hi Lena,

If you can print the check in anther printer without any problem and have enough space to display the total amount, then the problem is with the current printer. Try installing latest printer driver.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Thank you for tracking the problem.

The printer we use prints out lots of checks, which includes SAPcript checks and they are ok. I will contact the people see if they use the latest driver version

0 Kudos

I just got the answer about the driver version. we use the latest version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you define '$' in your smartform. Is it directly put or passed from the program varaible .

For multiple check printing do you do it in a loop or how??? See if the variable containing '$' gets wiped off in loop processing . Run in debugging in online mode for multiple printing and put a break point where the smartform is called . Here the check the variable containg '$' for the content.

Can you paste the code of print program ( at least the protion where smartform is called ).

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply!

I directly put '$' in front of AMOUNT variable, i.e.

$&AMOUNT& as TEXT node in a template.

The application we use: T-code is FPY1. I don't know how to get the program name. It's a masse process application for positive payment run.