Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a batch input using the call transaction method.

In some cases, the field I aim to change has been marked displayed only and cannot change it.

How can I bypass this field / change its status so that I can change it?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check this thing in the validation part of the report that the condition in which the field is display only, it should not pass to BDC table.

Since you cannot change the display status during call transaction.

But as an alternative try to pass that fields parameter id with call transaction.

Cant say for sure that this will work but you can try this e.g. -

SET PARAMETER ID 'VF' FIELD lv_vbeln.

CALL TRANSACTION 'VF03' AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN.

Regards,

Amit

Reward all helpful replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Macy,

In order to pass the value to call transaction the field must be an input field. if the field is display only and you need to pass the value the field status needs to be changed to input from display only via IMG. this needs to be done by the relavant Funtional guy.

Thanks,

Swetha.

0 Kudos

It seems that it works if I call transaction using mode A, but in actual case I should use mode N, so how can I bypass a warning message on the status bar?

0 Kudos

You dont need to handle the warning message in background mode it was taken care by the SAP itself.

But if its a error message then the Call transaction will fail for that record.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

but it's strange that when i press enter in mode 'A', it can bypass the message and the process is successful. so I'd like to simulate such case in mode 'N' so that the warning message can be bypassed.

0 Kudos

Try to run your program in background mode you dont require to do anything to handle that. Test it first and then check the record.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

When I run it in background mode, the system code returned is 1001. and the message is stored into the table of structure BDCMSGCOLL.

The message stored is of type error and its content is "xxx is not an input field"....

0 Kudos

If its returning 1001 means you are getting an eror screen and not the warning message on the screen.

You ahve only two options here either make that field input only from SPRO for running the Call Transaction or change your BDC table accordingly, that for certain condition it contain that field and for certain coditions skip that part of BDC table build.

check this -

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/fa/09715a543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/fa/09715a543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm</a>

regards,

Amit