Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Input - input fields of reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone explain me how I can introduce input fields of a report in a Batch Input process ?

Thanks.

Regards,

ANNA

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not process Batch input on report <b>use SUBMIT</b>

joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Can you explain a bit more about what you want to do and what is the problem you are facing.

Regards,

Komal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Komal.

We have an executable program that no has any dynpro. This program has fields like:

FORMAT INTENSIFIED INPUT.
WRITE myvar.
FORMAT INPUT OFF.

The problem is after recording the Batch Input session when these fields (as myvar) don't appear.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

What is this report and what is the transaction you are trying to write the BDC for?

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

...so the solution is to use SUBMIT

Why you want to use a batch input on a report?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Exactly what report program are you talking about?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Exactly, we are working in a legacy project and we want to migrate date using Batch Input method. The problem, as I tell before, is that we are accessing to a transaction that submits a report that doesn't have any dynpro. So the input fields are as I described before.

I am trying to find an example because we are working in an specific industry solution.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I have tried re-creating your problem, when doing the recording it does not recoginize these fields as screen fields which can be used during BDC. You can not do a BDC over this transaction. This is an old way of doing things, maybe there is a newer version of the transaction.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

And thanks Rich, you have confirmed me that I can't continue on this way. I will do a Direct Input.

Regards,Anna.