Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with destination none

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with destination none , Can any one guide me the use of destination none in BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Please let me know the drawbacks also.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

In your BAPI the provided destination does not match or if does not exist or if there is some problem in establishing connection between source and destination system, this problem will come.

try to check the provided destination.

Thanks & Regards,

Goutam Kolluru.

0 Kudos

Hi Goutham ,

I need general explanation , what is the purpose/use of BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with destination none and also what are all drawbacks when we use destination along with BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

0 Kudos

Destination 'NONE' is one of the predefined destinations for RFC. It means that the function will be executed on the same server, but with an own session context. So if you have a chain of RFC's to be executed one after the other with destination 'NONE', the code will be executed with the data from that parallel session context. If you close such a chain of RFC's with a call of BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, all the database changes performed in that "RFC session" will be commited (and V1/V2 update tasks will be triggered, as usual).