Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_SHIPMENT_COST_ESTIMATE What are the min. required parameters to pass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know what are the minimum required parameters to pass in BAPI BAPI_SHIPMENT_COST_ESTIMATE. And from which tables I can pull out that information to pass to this BAPI.

Does this BAPI creates a shipment cost document in the system or just shows the estimate of the shipment cost.

If it creates a shipment cost document then its good for me. but if it shows us just the estimate does it shows estimate for each delivery (total Qty, Unit Price & Total Price).

What will be the item category it will pick. I like to see it picks basic price related item category.

Does any body has used this bapi ?

Appreciate your fast reply.

Regards,

Leona

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Leona

did you succsed to run the bapi >?

if so,

can you specify with what parmters ?

is there any solution if i customized the item categories to open manuely ?

regards

asa

0 Kudos

Hello, I use this function and it works perfectly.

What information do you need?

Best regards,

0 Kudos

hey and thanks a lot for your response !

with what pararmters did you run this bapi ?

i tried with the header structure and i didnt get any result in the return cost structure.

some questions about the bapi :

1. is it possible to run the bapi without actual shipment number and the shipment ( & cost ) will be created in simulation mode ?

2. is it possible to perform estimation to inbound shipments ?

3. does the bapi creates shipment and scd in simulate mode like transaction VICI ( from sales order ) ?

4. is there any problem if i customized my scd item categories to open manualy ?

• can you please post sample code ( or any other doc's ) for this bapi ?

best regards

asa

0 Kudos

Hello, I´ll try to answer your question:

1. is it possible to run the bapi without actual shipment number and the shipment ( & cost ) will be created in simulation mode ?

I think that the bapi only run with external shipment number and only run in simulation mode, that´s mean the bapi can not create any shipment and cost document, if you want to create a shipment use BAPI_SHIPMENT_CREATE, to create a cost document I don´t know if there is a bapi but you can create easily with transaction VI01 (batch-input)

The shipment number that you use to call the bapi is a ficticious number always between external range indicated in field V_TVTK-NUMKE with the shipment type that you use.

2. is it possible to perform estimation to inbound shipments ?

Yes it´s depend on the shipment type. In standard system 0010 is used

In the example that I have I use an inbound delivery

3. does the bapi creates shipment and scd in simulate mode like transaction VICI ( from sales order ) ?

I think that the bapi only run in simulation mode and it can not create any document

4. is there any problem if i customized my scd item categories to open manualy ?

I think that the bapi needs to work properly automatic iten categories

• can you please post sample code ( or any other doc's ) for this bapi ?

I send you a document with an example if you give me an e-mail because I don´t know how to attach a word document

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Hello, please answer to this user Gonzalo Alvarez Mejias instead of Susana Zumel Vara I´m the same person but i work normaly with both users.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

hey !

thanks a lot for the intel .

its imposible to post email in the forum.

please cut & paste to here or insert a link to the code .

( if it's too long please inform and i will ask for exception to post my m a i l in the forum )

with your premition - few more questions :

1. if i want to use the delivery tables in the bapi - i have to give external number or real delivery number ?

2. is there any enhancement for the bapi for item categories that open manualy ?

again --> thanks a lot

asa

Edited by: ASA MOKED on Dec 11, 2009 9:40 AM