Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_MATPHYSINV_CREATE - skipping document numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the FM BAPI_MATPHYSINV_CREATE which currently works except for a few exceptions.

The FM creates the Physical Inventory documents and we have downloaded them to a file on the desktop.

The following problems were noticed:

1. Certain Phy. Inventory documents, even though created, are not there in the table ISEG. It cannot be opened through

transaction because it doesnt exist.

2. The Phy. inventory documents are created but not in a sequence. It is skipping certain numbers.

Has anyone encountered similar problems like this before? Please advice.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The BAPI "BAPI_MATPHYSINV_CREATE" is obsolete as of release 4.6A. Please use BAPI "BAPI_MATPHYSINV_CREATE_MULT" instead to create multiple or single Physical Inventory documents.

Best Regards,

Swanand

0 Kudos

Hi , I tried using BAPI_MATPHYSINV_CREATE_MULT and it is still skipping some document numbers.

For example, after 100016514 the next document is 100016516.  Has anyone faced this issue?

0 Kudos

Are your number ranges buffered, are some other users active at the same time, are the missing numbers actually allocated to other movements ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your response.

In the case mentioned above, the physical inventory document should be there in the IKPF table right?

The missed ones? I couldn't find it there as well.

Anita Jeyan

0 Kudos

Also don't forget that in the default configuration, the same number range is shared for a group of operation like

• IB Physical inventory documents
  • IZ Physical inventory documents for counts without reference
  • ID Physical inventory documents for counts and differences without reference
  • IN Physical inventory documents for recounts
  • WV Physical inventory documents for difference postings (WM)

So you should actuallu check the number range definition...

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the number range and possible tables in which this missing document could be found, but in vain. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Do you know any other reason why this could happen?

Anita Jeyan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing de the same problem, after execute for 330 items, 3 items were inserted in a diferent document number.

Does anyone know what is happen?