Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS not recording results

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS to record results for a physical sample. The results should be visible in QE23 after entering Inspection Lot, Operation, Work Center, Plant, and Physical Sample.

The BAPI does not return any error messages (nor success message), and I'm calling BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT afterwards.

The hierarchy is:

Inspection Lot -> Operation -> Physical Sample -> characteristic ID for specific line to enter the result.

For some reason the results don't get saved for a specific Physical Sample number. It's strange because I'm able to see some changes being made by the BAPI on the Operation level, not exactly what I'm looking for but at least the BAPI is doing something. The goal is to enter letter 'A' or 'R' (accepted/rejected) on a given line in Physical Sample.

I've tried several combinations of data being passed and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions will help.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it to work. instead of using multiple lines for one test, we changed it to one line per test, and recorded the number of failed results instead of using multiple A's or R's.

You have to make sure to pass:

wa_insplotdata

wa_single_results

wa_sample_results

wa_char_results is not necessary and updates the results at operation level, not physical sample level. your results for a specific physical sample go into wa_sample_results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it to work. instead of using multiple lines for one test, we changed it to one line per test, and recorded the number of failed results instead of using multiple A's or R's.

You have to make sure to pass:

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS'

EXPORTING

INSPLOT = wa_upload-prueflos

INSPOPER = wa_upload-vornr

INSPPOINTDATA = wa_insppointdata

TABLES

SINGLE_RESULTS = it_single_results

SAMPLE_RESULTS = it_sample_results

RETURNTABLE = it_returntable.

Then call:

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'

EXPORTING

WAIT = 'X'.

wa_char_results is not necessary and updates the results at operation level, not physical sample level. your results for a specific physical sample go into wa_sample_results.