Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/FM to generate/trigger GLM-EHS Label Print from Non-SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My requirement  is I need to replicate the GLM Labels Generation Process in SAP from a 3rd party system where 3rd party can  input data and request a label from GLM in PDF format . Does anybody know if there is any BAPI or RFC that can be used to achieve this requirement Or any other work around .

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Hema

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hema

your requirement is that "specific" that no help is possible here (in my opinion).But some hints are possible (refer to the discussion in

This is the story I understood from your description:

1.) you have a NON SAP system

2.) You have a SAP ERP system with hopefully last EnhancementPackage

For connections between non SAP to SAP system a number of options are possible. But there is always on the top the topic of "security" etc. (virus attack etc.). (e.g. you can to Non SAP <=> XI/PI <=Y> SAP ERP connection; but other options are possible as well).

First: you need to understand which parameter are needed to "identify" the correct label from EHS/GLM. If you can write down (as blueprint) these parameters you can think about (high level) an approach as:

Non SAP system does execute e.g. a "RFC" call to some customer specific application in SAP ERP. passing on the "needed" parameter to select the "right" label.

This "framework". is using the data and to "call" the GLM subprocess so that according to the approach as discussed 

a pdf file is generated. Now the SAP ERP process must be designed in such a way that the generated pdf file is passed back to the "caller" (may be with some additional data (clearly error handling etc.))

Anything like this should be done with the help of a "big player" (e.g. like SAP) in providing SAP services.

The other way arround might be a potential solution as well. That means SAP ERP is not "called" by external caller but just provide any label on e.g. a "file folder" with some "key data". This data can then be used by the "caller "(rerfer e.g.  discussion in 

C.B.

2 REPLIES 2

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hema

your requirement is that "specific" that no help is possible here (in my opinion).But some hints are possible (refer to the discussion in

This is the story I understood from your description:

1.) you have a NON SAP system

2.) You have a SAP ERP system with hopefully last EnhancementPackage

For connections between non SAP to SAP system a number of options are possible. But there is always on the top the topic of "security" etc. (virus attack etc.). (e.g. you can to Non SAP <=> XI/PI <=Y> SAP ERP connection; but other options are possible as well).

First: you need to understand which parameter are needed to "identify" the correct label from EHS/GLM. If you can write down (as blueprint) these parameters you can think about (high level) an approach as:

Non SAP system does execute e.g. a "RFC" call to some customer specific application in SAP ERP. passing on the "needed" parameter to select the "right" label.

This "framework". is using the data and to "call" the GLM subprocess so that according to the approach as discussed 

a pdf file is generated. Now the SAP ERP process must be designed in such a way that the generated pdf file is passed back to the "caller" (may be with some additional data (clearly error handling etc.))

Anything like this should be done with the help of a "big player" (e.g. like SAP) in providing SAP services.

The other way arround might be a potential solution as well. That means SAP ERP is not "called" by external caller but just provide any label on e.g. a "file folder" with some "key data". This data can then be used by the "caller "(rerfer e.g.  discussion in 

C.B.

0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph.

Actually I just need to get the label file from SAP so that My web application can get it and print it outside of SAP  That's why I am looking for any standard RFC/BAPI to replicate what Txn CBGL_MP01 is doing. But looks like there is nothing available.

Do you think debugging CBGL_MP01 can help to create a custom solution  for this requirement?