Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI creation parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am new to BAPI and i m creating a Bussiness object using SWO1 transaction.

Frnds i want to know Practicaly whats the use of the following in SWO1 T-CODE.

1) OBJECT TYPE

2) INTERFACES

3) KEY FIELDS

4) ATTRIBUTES

5) METHODS

6) EVENTS

Frnds i have created a Remote function module also where i am fetching material description using material number.

Here i m calling the function module in API Method.

But i m unable to understand why we first implement , then generate and then release.

Looking for neccesary help.

Thanks all.

Regards,

KAVITA

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

after creating API method it should have some methods, attributes, events........... thats all given in SW01 transaction for the created api method.

1) OBJECT TYPE --

2) INTERFACES -- user defined

3) KEY FIELDS --- primary key fields that are used in api methods

4) ATTRIBUTES -

parameters used in api methods

5) METHODS -

user defined methods for api method

6) EVENTS -

user defined events in methods

these api methods with the help of all these components it will affect the bapi. i.e the functionality of bapi for which its defined is achieved by this components.

if helpful reward some points.

with regards,

Suresh.A

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Can u plzz explain the components like interfaces, key fields and others. i am unable to understand whts the use of these in swo1 tcode.

thnks

kavita

0 Kudos

hi,

interfaces, events are components of oops.

interfaces contains method prototypes.

i.e. the methods which are in interfaces are having only definitions. they should be overrided in derived classes.

events: used for custom actions

for ex: when u click on some thing then any thing should be happened means that is written in events in oops.

key fields: primary key fields using in that methods

these all components are parts of API method. generally every legacy system supports oops concept. bapis are generally triggered from legacy languages only. inorder perform that changes in sap system all these are useful [API methods].

if useful reward some points.

with regards,

Suresh.A