Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_COPAACTUALS_POSTCOSTDATA results check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm facing some problems with the BAPI_COPAACTUALS_POSTCOSTDATA. I am able to execute this bapi without errors, but NO document number is returned.

I tried to check results using KE24 T-Code, but no line items appears. I also tried checking table CE4XXXX, but it is not updated by the bapi.

Does anyone know how to check this bapi's results ?

Cheers,

Mauricio Chacon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, come on guys, any input would be verry appreciated...

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, come on guys, any input would be verry appreciated...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to set a break point in program RK2A<controlling area>_POST, since this is the program that is called when the actual document is posted.

Also, make sure to call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT afterwards.

If you are using this function for mass data transfer, I would recommmend tx. KEFC instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies,

The BAPI is working so fine, it saves records in CE1XXXX table and not in CE4XXXX table. Document numbers are not returned by the BAPI.

We are planning to use this BAPI for mass data transfer, through XI, using a loop sentence to save line by line, which I believe it is better than use the KEFC.

Why is not recommended to use the BAPI for mass data transfer ? Am I missing something ?

Cheers,

Mauricio

0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

KEFC creates CO documents, making it easier to later verify the load and do reversals if necessary. Also, it provides an excellent logging functions, and you can make changes to your mapping using an interface similar to LSMW without coding any ABAP. You could probably achieve the same by creating your own custom program, but why reinvent the wheel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Cheers,

Mauricio