Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_BATCH_UNRESTRICT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anybody used "BAPI_BATCH_UNRESTRICT"?

Can it be used in 46c?

Thannks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our 4.6C system the BAPI function module exists, but there is no source code nor any online documentation for the function module. This is true in ECC 5.0 as well. There are also no OSS Notes for that BAPI name. Sounds like this BAPI is pretty useless. I wonder if BAPI_BATCH_CHANGE has the functionality you need?

I guess I need to type fewer words... mine was the fourth or fifth reply with the same info...

Regards,

James Gaddis

Message was edited by: James Gaddis

9 REPLIES 9

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sey,

This BAPI is empty and does not perform any activity.

Are you sure this correct BAPI you are working with?

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

I'm seeing the same in my 46c system.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Can we customize and use it, if we want to?

thnx.

0 Kudos

<i>

Can we customize and use it, if we want to?

</i>

If the BAPI has no signature(no interface parameters) and no source code, what is the point in customizing it. Just create a "Z" Function module and do whatever you need to do.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sey,

I think it is better to copy to custom BAPI/FM.

Don't modify this BAPI. Perhaps SAP will use this BAPI for future development.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

I too found this one weird.

Actually i'm looking for a FM which convert my 'Restricted' batches to 'Unrestricted'.

I tried to use another FM 'VB_CHANGE_BATCH_STATUS', it was not working in my system....

Do u have any idea, is there any settings to be done in IMG for this functionality?

thnx.

0 Kudos

Hi Sey,

I am also facing similar difficulty. I used FM 'VB_CHANGE_BATCH_STATUS' to set the batch status as un-restricted. It worked for some time and suddently it stopped working for few batches.

Can you please let us know what solution you implemented to resolve issue with the FM. Are there any settings that needs to be activated?

Thanks,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our 4.6C system the BAPI function module exists, but there is no source code nor any online documentation for the function module. This is true in ECC 5.0 as well. There are also no OSS Notes for that BAPI name. Sounds like this BAPI is pretty useless. I wonder if BAPI_BATCH_CHANGE has the functionality you need?

I guess I need to type fewer words... mine was the fourth or fifth reply with the same info...

Regards,

James Gaddis

Message was edited by: James Gaddis

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sey,

Change Batch Status:

1. IMG (Configuration)

In the batch master record (Logistics -> Central Functions -> Batch Management -> Batch -> Change),

set the Batch unrestricted or Batch restricted indicator.

2. SAP System Process

- Posts the batch stock from unrestricted-use stock to restricted-use stock, or vice versa

- Creates a change document for the change in master data

- Creates a material document for the transfer posting

For more information, please check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/af/e7993862b47c67e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/25/283a734f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.