Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI WorkOrder Update - IN_UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking at outputing equipment data (equipment number and description) held in the Objects tab in the Order screen (transaction IW31/32).

Does anyone know if this data is held in any of the structures within the IN_UPDATE badi.

Many thanks.

Regards

Daniel Jones

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, Could not find the bapi IN_UPDATE in SE18.

R u sure its IN_UPDATE?

0 Kudos

Hi

The definition is WORKORDER_UPDATE and the method is IN_UPDATE.

Apologies for the confusion.

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try in IT_ITEM & IT_HEADER structures used in the method IN_UPDATE, this might be helpful.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

behind the objects tab in Order Screen is the table OBJK.

But that one is not in the interface of the BADI - maybe because it's specific PM related table.

What in the interface of the BADI is the field OBKNR (in Header data) - that's the key to table OBJK.

Maybe there's a problem: at the runtime of the BADI maybe no entry in table OBJK (IW31) or the old entry (IW32), because the commit maybe later.

So it could be necessary to write a function that run's in the deferred posting (V2).

Best regards

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Thanks Wolfgang, that link should give me what I'm looking for. The data should be committed before it hits the BADI IN_UPDATE so I should be able to get at objects within the Order.

Kind Regards

Daniel