Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI / USER-EXIT FOR DEFAULTING THE FIELD VTTK-TNDR_ACTC IN TCODE VT01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I require a BADI / USER-EXIT for defaulting the field VTTK-TNDR_ACTC(Currency of Actual Shipment costs) to 'EUR' in transaction VT01N(Shipment Transaction) .

Please could anyone help me with this .

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

You can implement the Customer exit V56AFCCH

which has the function module EXIT_SAPMV56A_001 and set the table field

I_XVTTK_TAB-TNDR_ACTC

of the function module table to the desired value EUR.

Result will be as desired.

Don't forget to activate the enhancement project after assigining the exit to it.

revert for further clarifications.

<b>Always reward points if useful.</b>

regards,

Vikas

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

User Exits in Transportation

In Transportation, there are enhancements that you can use with transaction CMOD.

For a detailed description of the individual enhancements, see the documentation on the individual enhancements or function modules in transaction SMOD.

You can display all enhancements that are available for the area of transportation by choosing F4 in the Enhancement field. Enter V56* in the Enhancement field and choose Execute. Enter V54* to get a list of all enhancements for the area of shipment cost processing.

Business Add-Ins in the transports

Business add-ins (BADIs) are predefined user exits. They enable businesses, partners, and customers to add additional softward to the SAP source code. The linkup of SAP's New Dimension Products, such as APO and BW, to the standard system is thus possible.

Customer-specific functions can be executed before the save time and after the database update.

The following methods are available for the BADI with the definition name 'BADI_LE_SHIPMENT':

AT_SAVE: BADI is called up at the time of the save. Checks and return to dialog are possible.

BEFORE:_UPDATE: BADI is called up right before the data is saved to the database, that is, when all the data is available (for example, internal ly assigned shipment number).

IN_UPDATE: BADI is called up after the database update.

Standard Settings

Creating a BADI method:

Call up transaction SE19. Enter a name of your choice. Choose "create" and in the dialog box enter the definition name 'BADI_LE_SHIPMENT'. Afterwards, enter a short text for implementation. Save the BADI.

On the tab page 'Interface', choose the method for implementation by double-clicking on it. Now you can enter your customer-specific program code. Save and activate the code. You can acess the transmission parameters entered in the BADI definition. With the method ***_AT_SAVE you can initiate the exception ERROR_WITH_MESSAGE (description 'An error message has occurred' ) if you wish to return to the dialog.

Afterwards, go to the heading and activate the interface.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

You can implement the Customer exit V56AFCCH

which has the function module EXIT_SAPMV56A_001 and set the table field

I_XVTTK_TAB-TNDR_ACTC

of the function module table to the desired value EUR.

Result will be as desired.

Don't forget to activate the enhancement project after assigining the exit to it.

revert for further clarifications.

<b>Always reward points if useful.</b>

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I would like to reward full points for your help.Thanks a lot for this wonderful solution .

But please could you tell me how you found about this user-exit .

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

I will tell you the best way to search for exits or badis i.e.

At run time.

Go to the screen* from where you will move to the desired / final screen in which you want enhancement.

And from screen* press /h to enter debugging mode and then move to the final screen by using the appropriate action.

In debugging mode create break-points on abap commands

'Call customer-function' -> to find exits being called at runtime between these

screen

'Call badi' - > for badis being called

or 'get badi'

otherwise ofcourse you can use the conventional method by going to transaction smod and then utilities->find and giving the package name.

regards,

Vikas

<b>Always reward points to useful suggestions.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Please can you tell me if there is a badi to achieve the same output .

I tried to debug the transaction and put get badi.

But it is directly entering the screen and not fetching badi for this .

Please could you check and let me know about this .

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

Had there been some badi called between those screen then it would have got called at runtime and the processing would have stopped then and there .

Since it didn't happen that means there's no badi being called .

Also try Call badi statement and put a breakpoint at this also.

regards,

Vikas