Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backgroung excecution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using FM SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT to download data from sap to application server. The job was failing.

Can any one tell me a FM that used to download data to excel or text format in background to application server other than using OPen Data Set.

Sinnce if we use open data set it is converting my japan data to some other format even though i have installed japanese language.

Regards,

Ratna

2 REPLIES 2

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ratna,

you cannot downoad data in Excel format to the application server.

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you execute the program in background, the FM SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT will not be able to convert it into Excel because the none of the necessary controls can be created.

I will suggest - when you are executing the prog in background, ( check system variable SY_BATCH), you store the output file in CSV format ( i.e delimited by comma). In that case you can use OPEN DATASET WRITE DATASET statements and at the same time you will be able to open the file using MS Excel.( as .CSV is one of supported format by MS Excel).