Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job

former_member191977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined a job in SM36 and i can see the status in SM37. But i have created couple of jobs with the same name ZTEST the parameters are different each time with different timings. each is a periodic job. Which one of these is valid? or all of them will run? I am not sure how to edit a scheduled job, delete a scheduled job. If i delete a job in SM37 is it as good as deleting it permanently?

Where can i see the list of jobs scheduled apart from SM37?

Also i wonder why am i not able to see the spool for this job. When i scheduled this job earlier with out a periodidc job i could see the spool.

Please answer these questions.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete the background JOb from Sm36 , if you want to see all the background Jobs, look at the table TBTCO give your Job name then you will get all the paramters and the status of the Job

Regards

Sudheer

0 Kudos

I see 4 jobs defiend with the same name and differnt job count in the table. i want to delete all of them. how should i delete from sm36?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Delete the job from Sm37, but it will delete the completed job, if you want to delete it permanently then use the report RSBTCDEL or RSBPSTDE

Regards

Sudheer

0 Kudos

are all the parameters in the report RSBTCDEL mandatory. i gave jobname, user,start from and i get a msg no jobs found but in the table i see 2 jobs.

Where can i give the spool name when i am defining the job in SM36

0 Kudos

Hi Vinni,

Just give Job Name, User and Status of the job (Scheduled, released, etc).

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

I did that but its not recognizing. Anyways thanks for the prompt response. I have used the FM BP_JOB_delete which was much easier.

Thanks again.

former_member191977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Got solution by myself