Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background job running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need to run a standard program(report) in background immediately from my custom program(report) and I need to pick up the output report(standard) table values back to my custom program.

Is it possible? if so Can you pls suggest the solution for the same

I am trying with submit with job statement, but it is only scheduling the job and it is not running immediately. If it runs immediately also I need to pick the values of standard program to my custom program

Thanks in advance

pavan

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create the background stpes, you can chose to execute the second job after completing the first job

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/3a7f87505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

In this scenario where you want to run the standard report in background from the custom report,the only solution is to schedule the job(any method) with the custom report as the starting point and then use Submit with the values in it and then Use Return along wth it.

OR else use Exporting List to Memory with Submit and Return.

And then,use the Function Module "Importing From Memory" and pass the data from the standard report to the internal table.

In case you have any further clarifications,do let me know.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.