Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job issue in OOPS ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created OOPS ALV for a report. Now user want report output in mail via background Job.

I have created background job, but output is not coming properly. As far as my idea, due to OOPS ALV container, this issue is coming.

Can you suggest how to solve this issue? I do not want to use REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY.

With Regards,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member227140
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

7 REPLIES 7

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your code where you are doing a call screen put a check of sy-batch if X means background then use CL_BCS class and send your final internal table in email.

Nabheet

0 Kudos

let me try this.

former_member212005
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is the issue.....If u want to use it in bnackground...u r to use docking container....instead of custom container in screen.

But the best scenario to handle this requirement would be to embed codes for sending output via e-mail in the program.....rather than creating a background job.

Below is the link for docking container...

former_member227140
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved..Thank you experts..

0 Kudos

hello,

can you attach your code here?? it will help others to create a alv report with oops concept and send mail using oops..

it will be great if you can do it

former_member215542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are right, the container could be a problem when you try to display the output of the ALV in background. Use class CL_SALV_TABLE, it is much easier and efficient while displaying ALV using OOPs. Demp programs are available in ECC on how to use this class. You can start with SALV_DEMO_TABLE_REAL_SIMPLE