Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authority Check issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue in an authority-check statement in a standard program.

The role corresponding to the authorization object has been assigned to a user. But the user is getting the authorization error message that he does have the authorization.

However if the user gets into debugging mode, the program is executed Successfully. The authorization error message is not triggered in debug mode.

Please provide your valuable suggestions and solution to fix up this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

K Arasu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may need to contact your basis and get more information on how they have setup the authorization for the role.

In general, if this scenario is in production, it should not be the case as you have described. No User is given debug rights except those from the prodn.support dev.team. Maybe the role is not assigned properly to the user.

This is what I can think of right now.

Regards,

Subramanian

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may need to contact your basis and get more information on how they have setup the authorization for the role.

In general, if this scenario is in production, it should not be the case as you have described. No User is given debug rights except those from the prodn.support dev.team. Maybe the role is not assigned properly to the user.

This is what I can think of right now.

Regards,

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask the user to run SU53 after he gets the authorization error. Su53 will give you exactly what authorization object is missing. Then send this screenshot to SAP security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. The scenario exists in production as well as in quality servers and we tried in quality server where the authorization error message is triggered unlike in debug mode where the error message is not triggered.

0 Kudos

Which is the standard program?

0 Kudos

The standard program is RMCP6BIN - ( Run Planning Job in Background )