Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASE License validity for ABAP Developer Edition 7.52 SP04 (NPL)

pawelwiejkut
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I have doubts regarding my current ASE license. It will work until 2022 or 2023? From the tech perspective, it seems that the system should work correctly also next year (until 03.2023), but the comment on the top says something different. Are there any plans for the new license?

8 REPLIES 8

abo
Active Contributor

Get your free developer license when it expires and happy coding!

pawelwiejkut
Active Participant

Thanks Andrea. The question is about the database license, not the system license.

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know some people are using even older demos, so this leads me to believe the solution I provided would work in your case too.

pawelwiejkut
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same question for 2023-2024. julie.plummer , do you maybe have some news regarding new ASE license for ABAP Developer Edition 7.52 SP04 (NPL) ?

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear all,

Just for your information:

The new ASE License is available here:

If necessary, search for “ABAP” and scroll down to 7.52 SP04.

The license will be valid until 31st March, 2025, for all versions of SAP ASE 16.0 within the developer editions.

Thanks to Pawel, Robert, Ladislav and others for your ongoing support in this matter.

Best wishes,

Julie Plummer

SAP Product Management.

Dear Julie

I’ve been using miniSAP (aka SAP ABAP Developer Edition 7.52 SP04) for a while now, as per screen shot below

Since April 2023, I am unable to start the system due expired ASE license

My problem, not having an S user, is that I’m unable to download the new license, as explained here https://answers.sap.com/questions/13583383/ase-license-for-abap-developer-edition-752-sp04-np.html?c...

As for other licenses, couldn't we have it from here?: https://go.support.sap.com/minisap/#/minisap. So far not been able to get it.

Could you please give me a helping hand on this matter?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Please ignore my last post. Mini SAP up and running again (until 2025). Manage to download the license even with the P user.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Great - thanks for letting us know; this is really helpful.

Just fyi: You shouldn't need an S- user. Everyone with a P- User should be able to access minisap and Dev Edition.

Best wishes,
Julie.