Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving JEST table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement to archive JEST.Can any one please tell me the standard archiving object for this purpose ?

kindly help

thanks in advance,

regards

Ashwin

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in the table <b>ARCH_TXT</b> for the related archiving object for Table JEST

<b>Reward points for useful Answers</b>

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

From the query what i understand is you are trying to archive the data in DB table JEST.

DB Table: ARCH_DEF stores the structure relationship that is maintained using the transaction: AOBJ. When i searched the DB Table: ARCH_DEF using the name JEST i could not find any entry.

Could you please try this in your system, this may be a possible solution.

Regards,

Goutham.

Please let me know how you have achieved the solution.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies,

I am not able to find the exact object for this purpose from both the tables.

In ARCH_TXT table,how will i find the exact object which has my table.

In ARCH_DEF i am also getting no entries.

kindly help

regards

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

The only solution now is creating a new Archiving Object for DB table JEST. Find out if this table is related to some other tables. Get an overview of all the tables involved and their relationships and create an Archiving Object with the details.

We need to write the: WRITE program, DELETE program and if required the RELOAD program for the same.

Best Regards,

Goutham.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks once again.

I found 2 archiving objects which have JEST table namely PR_ORDER and PS_PROJECT.Ther may be many more objects involving JEST table.

How do i choose my business cycle ?

Kindly help,

regards,

Ashwin

Former Member

Hi Ashwin,

JEST is a cross module table and hence is archived via many archive objects. Use TA: DB15 to see the list of objects that archive data from table JEST. Each object archives only the entries relevant to it from table JCDS. In short you cannot archive all the entries from table JEST using a single archive object. Based on the nature of the business the data in JEST can belong to CO, MM, PM, QM SD modules. You need to do a analysis of JEST entries to see which module has largest number of entries in JEST. Later you can plan to archive objects belonging to that module.

Hope this info helps

Cheers,

Samanjay