Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App server

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Can anybody tell me when we write a binary file to appserver

it takes less or more space than a text file with same data?

Will definitely award points

please dont give links

but explain in brief.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rahulkavuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Binary file will take lesser size than the text file when we upload it into Application server..

This Binary to Text encoding has the disadvantage of increasing the file's size by approximately 30% during the transfer..

3 REPLIES 3

rahulkavuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Binary file will take lesser size than the text file when we upload it into Application server..

This Binary to Text encoding has the disadvantage of increasing the file's size by approximately 30% during the transfer..

0 Kudos

thans for the reply

have awarded the points..

but tell me one thing

i have downloaded two fiules on app server on in binary mode and other in text mode

binary file is taking more space,,\

and 1 more thing

in which mode data is stored in a binary file

i can see various symbols in that apart form the actual data

0 Kudos

hi

As the text file you are uploading needs to be again converted to Binary format in Application the size of the file increases..due to inclusion of additional characters ...

The mode and the type of characters which get inserted depends on the kind of SAP system you are using... whether UNICODE OR NON-UNICODE... if non-unicode the language in which you are currently logged on also influences the junk characters which got inserted..

award points if helpful