Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apache Tomcat and eclipse for EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got anew book on SAP Enterprise protal by SAP Press.

There is also a CD which contains Portal development kit, eclipse 2.1, apache tomcat 3.3.1 and portal development kit plug-in for eclipse.

I don't have any SAP Access as if now.

Is it possible to learn SAP EP programming based on the softwares I have got on these CD and the book.

Tushar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

You will have a better answer if you post this in the EP portals. Just with my limited knowledge, I think you should be able to do some work on it without the backend R/3, because EP is supposed to support different backends. Why don't you download the WAS64 90 day trial version?

Srinivas

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

You will have a better answer if you post this in the EP portals. Just with my limited knowledge, I think you should be able to do some work on it without the backend R/3, because EP is supposed to support different backends. Why don't you download the WAS64 90 day trial version?

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Tushur, yes you can use that software to learn how to code JSPDynPage applications for the portal. This is how I started learning portal technology. I have since moved on to webdynpro. You might consider, as Srinivas suggested, download the Sneak Preview of WAS 6.40 java. This will give you a complete development envirnment, the NWDS, the portal, and the WAS to run it on. Next thing you now, you'll be writing webdynpro apps like the best of em.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.