Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Output to Excel file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am downloading the ALV output to Excel file.I am making use of LIST--->EXPORT--->SPREADSHEET option.

My list is having Header, Footer, sub totals and totals.When i transfer the list i am facing following problems

1.Even i am getting the empty columns betweeen my output.

2.In the Place of sub totals i am getting astericks

3.On the top of the records downloaded,"DYNAMIC LIST DISPLAY" is found.I want to avoid this text on the top

Thanks,

Ravee...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravee,

I dont understand this point. This empty column might be because u dont have any values in that column. Check the data in ur display.

2.In the Place of sub totals i am getting astericks.

Just double click on that cell. U will get the value. This is because of default width set to the excel might not be enough to accomodate ur data.

3.On the top of the records downloaded,"DYNAMIC LIST DISPLAY" is found.I want to avoid this text on the top

Try with the option provided in the tool bar itself(Not in menu).

Default options o ALV like sort, filter etc u have one option to download.

Thanks,

Vinod.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check this...

for better output ...

use this...

it_fieldcat-reptext_ddic = 'description'.

instead

it_fieldcat-seltext_l = 'description'.

and that is not a problem with the subtotal...if u expand the sheet...you will see the subtotal..

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravee,

I dont understand this point. This empty column might be because u dont have any values in that column. Check the data in ur display.

Just double click on that cell. U will get the value. This is because of default width set to the excel might not be enough to accomodate ur data.

Try with the option provided in the tool bar itself(Not in menu).

Default options o ALV like sort, filter etc u have one option to download.

Thanks,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

1.I am getting the empty columns betweeen my output.

I am having 16 columns in the ALV output,but i got 19 columns in my excel file.

Generally there is no possibility to download the sub totals.i am using LIST->EXPORT->SPREADSHEET.

I am having the sub totals in my output.

*You would have noticed the' * ' for sub total and ' ** ' for grand totals values.*These sub total & total values are not downloaded but these asterisks are carried to excel file.

3.On the top of the records downloaded,"DYNAMIC LIST DISPLAY" is found.I want to avoid this text on the top.

I am using the application tool bar icon only.Still i am getting the same.

Thanks,

Ravee...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi....

i can give you one suggestion.Check your reference fields and check the final internal table from where your displaying your data.and instaed of using the local file export to spreadsheet option you can use the calculator button on the appplication tooolbar.There is small symbol of calculator above the alv output.

when you click on the clculator symbol your data is quickly transported to excel sheet in the proper format.

check check and try.