Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid Subtotals Collapse / Expand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I developed my first ABAP/4 program that creates an ALV.

I followed some of the standard examples presented in this forum and everything worked fine but one point: when a column is subtotalized, I can dynamically set the GRID to show only subtotals and each subtotal line offers a small icon, which, I believed, would expand the items which generated that subtotal...

But as to my surprise, when I click on that smal icon, those items are not displayed, i.e., GRID doesn't expand them...

I know that I must have forgotten to set/reset some parameters (there are so many!) and I believe that only those who have had the same problem will be able to tell me to check this or that...

Anyhow, is there any blessed soul out there able to help me up?

Your points will be more than happily rewarded!

Many thanks in advance,

Alberto

8 REPLIES 8

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Moved to ABAP forum.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

So you are saying that you have a grid with subtotals, which will not allow you to expand into the detail? I have never seen this behavior before, and you should not have to do any special coding in order for this to work, as-is, out of the box.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this problem on my first program as well. I believe my was caused because I made a hidden column editable. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, I also had some hidden fields, but it didn't solve the question...

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A colleague at the office found out what the problem was...

0 Kudos

Hello Alberto,

What was the solution? I am also having this problem, my grid can be switched from display to edit mode, and the subtotal expand/compress doesn't work in edit mode. If you found a solution I would really appreciate reading it.

Thanks,

Grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did you solve the problem?

compress and expand only works on me when i don't have any editable fields. how to i make it work with editable fields?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any solution about that problem ?

Thanks..