Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid in background with function execution

former_member247209
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to reuse the same function in dialog also in background, e.g. CHECK_DATA. The generation of the output list in background spool works fine, but no execution of this function. The method set_user_command doesn't work.

How I must trigger the events before_user_command, after_user_command to execute one function in background task?

Thanks in advance,

Bjoern

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why do you want to do that?

If you run your report in background nobody can influence the execution of the program, so why don't you do a routine llike that before calling the GRID?

I think you can't triggered the USER_COMMAND event before listening the data, so you can't trigger that event in background.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

the reason is to do the same checks as in dialog (I've put my own routine on the check button in the grid by before_user_command). I want avoid much work on splitting into dialog functions and background functions.

But you're right I can check something before calling the grid and will have no list output.

Thanks and regards,

Bjoern