Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE configuration - change pointers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Iam trying to create idocs whenever there is a change in the customer master i need to trigger an idoc.Iam trying to use change pointer for that.

I checked in bd61,bd52,bd50 all the settings are ok.

but still idocs are not created when i change the customer master...

Do i need to run BD12(RBDMIDOC)...?or am i misssing any other settings...(When i tried to use bd12 to send customers iam able to generate idocs so my model is working...).

Second question I need to send DUNS number in the idoc which Iam not able to find in DEBMAS/DEBMAS04 how can i send that...?Even if i extend how can i populate it ...I dont find any user exits for MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_DEBMAS which holds the control record....?

can anyone help....

Thanks

Larry

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LArry,

You should run the BD21 (Report RBDMIDOC) to generate the IDOCS from change pointers.

If required, you can also make use of event linkages and achieve this as soon as the customer master is changed(then no need for BD21).

Thanks,

Renjith

0 Kudos

Hi andrew,

What is event Linkage ? how it works .... is it for Inbound or outbound ?

how idocs are generated with change pointers & event linkage automatically...

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

The above process is for outbound.

the tool used behind for the process is SMD tool (Shared Master Data tool)

based on the configuraution steps as below they work

BD61 - activates the Change pointers tool (SMD)

BD50 - is for activating Change pointers specifically that message type

BD52 - is for activating Change pointers specifically for that message type and specifically to a field in belonging to that message type

and the CMD (Customer Distribution Model also need to be configured)

you can come up with furthere questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I ran RBDMIDOC and iam able to generate idocs how can i extend it and populate the DUNS number can any one answer my second question....?

Larry

0 Kudos

There are user exits available in the FM MASTERIDOC_CREATE_DEBMAS(this FM is called from MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_DEBMAS )..

pls check for "call customer-fucntion" in se 37 for FM MASTERIDOC_CREATE_DEBMAS..

Thanks,

Renjith