Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced certification in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am a ABAP programmer with 3 yrs of ABAP experience and currently working on EDI / IDOC technologies. I wanted to go for ABAP certification but I was advised by many not to do it as exam has got very simple ABAP questions, mainly on Basic ABAP

I just wanted to know how true it is and is there any other certification for Advanced ABAPPERS ? ( Like Sun has for Java ).

Are there any certification exams for ALE Idoc , BW programming.

Amol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Your question amused me. I am also a certified ABAPer, having a rootless existance in SAP. I was working on Web technologies till last Aug and got Certified then and have been an ABAPer ever since. Unfortunately, there is no advanced certification program for ABAP but a certified ABAPer is always considered to have it all.

You are right about the exam questions. It is all basic ABAP, but you see, high rises stand on great foundations. To learn advanced topics, may be you should approach SAPLABS at b'lore as you have over 3 yes of exp and that too on hot technologies like EDI/IDOC.

I would suggest anyone to go for the certification, not to get their 2-3 lakhs spent, but for the face that you will be globally accessible being a certified ABAPer and will have great demand abroad and in India.

Good luck.

If you think this helped you, please reward me

Karthik Potharaju

2 REPLIES 2

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you seen what is on the exam?

[Removed by the moderator.]

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Your question amused me. I am also a certified ABAPer, having a rootless existance in SAP. I was working on Web technologies till last Aug and got Certified then and have been an ABAPer ever since. Unfortunately, there is no advanced certification program for ABAP but a certified ABAPer is always considered to have it all.

You are right about the exam questions. It is all basic ABAP, but you see, high rises stand on great foundations. To learn advanced topics, may be you should approach SAPLABS at b'lore as you have over 3 yes of exp and that too on hot technologies like EDI/IDOC.

I would suggest anyone to go for the certification, not to get their 2-3 lakhs spent, but for the face that you will be globally accessible being a certified ABAPer and will have great demand abroad and in India.

Good luck.

If you think this helped you, please reward me

Karthik Potharaju