Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT 3.18 stopped working on Eclipse 2021-06

Mithun_Kumar
Active Participant

Hi,

I just updated my eclipse to 2021-06 from 2021-03. The ADT version is 3.18. And after the update, ADT suddenly stopped working now.

When I try to open the existing projects or add a new ABAP Project, I get this error: "No file system is defined for scheme: semanticfs"

Eclipse 2021-06 is even mentioned in https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abap as compatible.

Anyone have an idea what could be going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mithun_Kumar
Active Participant

Ok it's crazy, but I think it was caused due to the Papyrus UML plugin I had.

It somehow corrupted the workspace files after the Eclipse upgrade. So even after uninstalling this plugin, I had to start with a new workspace altogether, and then ADT is working fine again.

9 REPLIES 9

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apparently you have to go in the menu : Window > Preference search for "file system" you should have only one entry, and press the button "Delete Database and Cache"

not sure it works, but if nothing works with your eclipse ...

0 Kudos

Thanks, but unfortunately, even that doesn't seem to work:

Not sure why it can't get the path to database... I tried even with a new workspace. Same issue.

Mithun_Kumar
Active Participant

Ok it's crazy, but I think it was caused due to the Papyrus UML plugin I had.

It somehow corrupted the workspace files after the Eclipse upgrade. So even after uninstalling this plugin, I had to start with a new workspace altogether, and then ADT is working fine again.

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Blog - SapMachine and SAP HANA Studio

#sapfirstguidance

BiberM
Active Participant

We had the same Problem with earlier version. At last we found the thing that caused the error but I still have no clue WHY this is the problem.

Our problem was the ini-Parameter "-Xverify:none". Remove it and all future created project are fine. Destroyed projects however stay destroyed.

Creating New projects worked until Eclipse is closed and restarted. Afterwards These New projects are destroyed, too.

In Oracle Java this parameter is flagged obsolete. Maybe when also upgrading the Java Version this causes the Problem with the adoon semanticfs which is only used by ADT and was last updated 2014.

Mithun_Kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for this insight.

I opened and checked my ini file, and this parameter is not there anyway. So I guess in my case it was indeed that papyrus UML plugin doing something funny.

Everything works smooth again after removing the plugin, and creating new workspace.

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello michael.biber2

the new Version of SAP HANA Studio are completely compiled with JAVA 11 and several Add-On's are not compatible between JAVA 8 and JAVA 11.

See also the Blog - SapMachine and SAP HANA Studio

Best Regards Roland

#sapfirstguidance

jari_krause3
Discoverer

This solved the issue for me: I deinstalled the Papyrus UML plugin and activated the flag "Refresh workspace on startup" and restarted Eclipse.

Glad it helped!