Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding new field to standard table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to add one field to standard table. When ever record changes i want to populate the changed date in that new field.

How to add new field and how to populate value in that new field. Can any one has idea please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Venaktesh P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Use Append Structure to include the field in the standard table.

Then if you are using any standard transaction , then include that field in that transaction.

or if you are using a customizing report , using commands like Update , Modify .. to update the field in that table.

Check below link to know how to create append structure

Best regards,

Brijesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Use Append Structure to include the field in the standard table.

Then if you are using any standard transaction , then include that field in that transaction.

or if you are using a customizing report , using commands like Update , Modify .. to update the field in that table.

Check below link to know how to create append structure

Best regards,

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot add any field to any table. There are some restrictions in some of the tables.

Open the table, see if you have anything specified a .Include CI_xxxx, if it is there dbl click on that.

If CI_xxxx is not existing a pop up will display. Create this structure and add the fields to it. Save and activate.

If it is not existing , click on "Append Structure" , select Create button and create a new structure. Add fields to this, save & activate.

Go to the transaction from where you want to insert into this table. Search for any user exits at the Save event. If it is existing write code there to update this field.

If it is not there, then you have to find an enhancement point to update this field.

Regards,

Subramanian