Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new field for 500 characters in a Z table

manoj_goyal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to add a new field ZLONGTEXT which can hold 500 character in a Z table (already has 6 fields) and can be edited using t-code SE16. Can you please advice about my options to do so.

Can I use long text option and still be edited by t-code SE16.

Please advice of the solution in which I can edit ZLONGTEXT using se16. User will be using se16 to add and change the data.

Thanks,

mini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

if you are working on ztable then you can directly go in se11 and change and add your field name there with domain string 500 ,

and if you are working on standard table then go to t-code se11 there go in display table in this one option is there append structure, you can append structure with required field in standard table and domain is siring 500.

Regards,

Shrikant

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can do this by

1. By adding an Append Structure

2. Inserting by Include

3. Inserting New Fields based on data element or direct type entry, char 500.

You will also have to adjust the table after addition.

0 Kudos

If you want to edit the ZLONGTEXT , then you will have to create the table maintainence for the Ztable.

If its alreadt built, then you have to CHANGE the table maintainence .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to t-code se11 add a new field with data type STRING 500 save and activate and then go to t-code se14 give your table name and click on edit button.

aftre that click on activate and adjust date database button .

Note : save data radio button must be checked.

Jitendra

Edited by: Jitendra Singh on Sep 8, 2009 11:07 AM

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In dynpros, (input) fields have a limit of 256 characters. So the only solution is to create 2 fields, or to create a custom solution which displays this field using cl_gui_textedit control, or you may use "long text" functionality (edit_text function module for example).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

if you are working on ztable then you can directly go in se11 and change and add your field name there with domain string 500 ,

and if you are working on standard table then go to t-code se11 there go in display table in this one option is there append structure, you can append structure with required field in standard table and domain is siring 500.

Regards,

Shrikant