Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding menu bar in ALV report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to add customized menu bar in my ALV report using OOPS. I need to add the Settings and Edit menu in the Menu bar the system and Help menu comes automatically, but how to handle the event of the Settings menu where we have the option of Change the layout, save the layout etc.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's usually done as functions on the SAP GUI. Have you copied an ALV GUI into your program and activated? You should have menu choices and your function buttons there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You set the PF-STatus and add Create the Custom Menus (Select Context Menu) in the Module Output and any number of Menu list Items.

And in the Module Input, Use CASE OK_CODE (like SY-UCOMM).

You can perform different action, based in the OK_CODE.

Thanks

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Deleting this....Seems to be a duplicate response.

Edited by: Lakshmi Narayana L on Nov 3, 2010 4:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried to copy the standard ALV GUI, but it doesnt work in OOPs. .

And i also tried to set the PF-STatus and add Create the Custom Menus, but how do i define the event like suppose i have in Menu bar the Settings button where we have the option of Change layout, Choose layout and save layout, that same thimg can be done by adding a button on the toolbar, which i have already done but i am unable to capture the event in Menu bar, kindly help.

0 Kudos

Your requirement is to create your own menu options OR to activate the menu Options related to LAYOUT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is that if we see a standard ALV report, In the MEnu bar we can see an Menu for Settings, GOto and Table Entry, I want the same Menu bar in MY alv, in which if i click on Settings it will give the option for Columns and Layout and then if i select Layout it gives the option of Change, choose and save, similarly for Goto Menu. This ALV is Object oriented

0 Kudos

Hope you are using CL_SALV_TABLE for creating ALV Grid. For activating LAYOUT options, you don't need to add custom menu. It can be activated using the class CL_SALV_LAYOUT. See this wiki post for reference.[ALV Grid Report - with Object Oriented SALV Classes |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/ALVGridReport-withObjectOrientedSALVClasses]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i tried Your code and it works, but i am using SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY method, can this be implemented in that method, kindly help.