Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Custom Fields to FAGLFLEXP Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement to update WBS Element for Planning related Data. So have added custom field(WBS Element)  in structure CI_FAGLFLEX04.

The field is visible when I open FAGLFLEXP table, but when I post data The custom field (WBS Element) is not being updated. Could you please let me know the process to update this field?

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You did the ABAP coding to update the new field?

0 Kudos

Hello,

No I have not written any ABAP Code. The structure CI_FAGLFLEX04 where the field is added is being updated when posting actual data in FAGLFLEXT and FAGLFLEXA tables, only for planning data I see that the field is not getting updated with the value.

0 Kudos

Hi.

Do you need an ABAP Consultant.

You must code the maintenance of these new fields.

regards.

Douglas

0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

Can you please let me know how do I code for maintaining values in new fields?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi.

The procedure isn't so simple. There are several posts on the subject SCN. I suggest research before you start developing.

Start here:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/cf/21eb61446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

However, the most important is: a) Is it really necessary to change the standard? b) There could be a Z table containing the new information and referencing FAGLFLEXP? c) What is the transaction that will keep the data? It has Exit´s for what you need?

As Vadamalai said below,

Actually your approach may be wrong, first as an ABAPer should ask to functional team, which transaction and where to insert the fields, it could be header or item level(I am saying example)

Based on tcode, you need to enhance the table level as well as the screen exit/BADI we need to pass screen to internal programming structure. the structure type will be table type of FAGLFLEXP.

Regards.

Douglas

narendar_naidu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For which tcode are you trying to add this additional field information into the structure.

check for any  enhancements available for the tcode (Customer exits or BADI's) and implement the code to update the DB Table ...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually your approach may be wrong, first as an ABAPer should ask to functional team, which transaction and where to insert the fields, it could be header or item level(I am saying example)

Based on tcode, you need to enhance the table level as well as the screen exit/BADI we need to pass screen to internal programming structure. the structure type will be table type of FAGLFLEXP.

Regards,

Vadamalai A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By adding the field alone in CI_FAGLFLEX04 only it doesn't gets updated. The added custom field has to hold the value to get updated. This can be done by use of customer exit or screen exit. Get in touch with ABAP consultant to solve this.

Regards,

Sriram