Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an existing search help to new ztable

0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have created new ztable and I want to assign one F4 help in region code which is already exist in other domain under region code.

So I am using the same but its not working.

Can you just help me out with this.

Regards
Swapnil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Set the foreign key relationship for Regio. You will automatically get the F4 help.

Regards,

Naveen Kumar.

6 REPLIES 6

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

May I know how did you assign the search help??

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Hi thank u for u r reply.

I have created one ztable and define 3 field and in that one field I am trying to get f4 help.

I have given same data element of existing one.

So f4 help should come on 3rd region field.

Regards

Swapnil

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can assign the search help in the highlighted part of the screen shot and data elements which are already having search helps will automatically come in your table.

thanks!!

0 Kudos

Hi swapnil,

• You are using data element here is REGIO for which search help is not created.
  • If you want to use the customized search help to display F4, than create a data element and assign the search help to it for example select the field to which you want to assign the search help than click on search help button, give the search help name which is created and press at copy button in next pop up screen.
  • Another approach to this is create customized data element to the field provide the domain(Z or standard) to it, than in further characteristics tab give the search help name.

Regards,

Shadab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Set the foreign key relationship for Regio. You will automatically get the F4 help.

Regards,

Naveen Kumar.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you add the search help in SE11 thru Srch Help option, click on required field and get a first popup as system didn't identify fields (it uses domain to match fields), just press Enter and enter you table/field names in the field assignment popup window.

But, why is "another domain" used in the table definition, usually same domain, with sometimes a different data element to allow change of descriptive texts. Another option is then to attach the search help to your data element in Further characteristics.

There is a hierarchy in rules used by SAP to attach search help to a field

(from table level : foreign key (check table which can also have some search help explicitly attached (e.g. HREIC_EXT_REGION) else use value of table or text table use table T005S text T005U), data element, domain values are available)

Hierarchy of Search Help Calls

Hint: Try to execute SE16N (or old SE16) on your z-table, the search help may already be available from text table T0005U of domain value.

Regards,

Raymond