Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Additional Parameters on Selection-Screen of VL06F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a requirement of adding two fields on the selection-screen of transaction VL06F and also some fields in the report display output.

For displaying fields in the report output, i found one exit EXIT_SAPLV50Q_001, which would serve my purpose. The only doubt I am having is how to add

two parameters on seelction -screen. I tried to enhance the Selection-Screen Include to add the parameters, but on activation it is giving me a short dump

of MESSAGE_TYPE_X.

Please advice is there any way to inlcude these parameters on selection-screen??

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be aware that this report shares many includes with other reports/transactions (VL06C, VL06D and VL06P at least)

Also the start/end of an include are not implicit enhancement points (or when by chance) better try on start of report (also it will not be shared by other reports)

Regards,

Raymond

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

For your enhancement use prefer point instead of section, The cause of you short dump could be the mismatch in the infoset, It is possible that your kernal is outdated and in most of the cased the updation works fine.

Go Through Following notes prior your enhancements-

Note 1365712

Note 852423

This thread will help-

http://scn.sap.com/thread/167079

Hope this will solve your problem.

Best Regards--

Tarun

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!!!

These notes are related to BW system. Lets leave this dump analysis.

Lets concentrate on the way to add parameters on the selection-screen in VL06F. Any help in this is highly appreciated.

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Please have a look at the below post which raised a similar requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/670340

Regards,

Shashi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Shashi!!!

The thread you mentioned, shows the display of additional fields in the report output display.

That I have found already and mentioned in my question. the only challange is to add the fields in selection screen and fetch the data according to it.

When I did debug the exit, I found out that no selection screen parameter is visible in that exit.

Is there any exit available where selection screen parameters are available, so that I can restrict the data based on the added fields on selection screen

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I would suggest copying the program and creating a new one and then modifying the Selection Screen. If that is okay from your Stakeholder's side that is.

Regards,

Shashi

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be aware that this report shares many includes with other reports/transactions (VL06C, VL06D and VL06P at least)

Also the start/end of an include are not implicit enhancement points (or when by chance) better try on start of report (also it will not be shared by other reports)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help.

The best option is only to copy the include and make changes in the Z report.

ravi_rajput
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit.

By copying were you able to achive the required functionality ? I have also similiar requirement. It would be nice if you can throw some light on it !