Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Search help to SAP screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ECC 6.0. I am looking for a way to add a custom search help to a SAP screen field in HR.

Is there anyway to modify the data element and add the search help as part of the enhancement and switch framework ?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search helps are created and modified in the dictionary, using SE11 to create a view of the data to be displayed for the help and link it to the field. Enhancements are created in the ABAP code editor... So I'm 99% sure the answer is NO.

Mods to a few search helps are some of the very very few "core code" changes we have done in our implementation because there is no customer exit enhancement capability.

Bob

former_member192429
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check if this information is helpful..I have worked on one modification of standard search help. There are two search helps. Collective (more than one) and Elementary(single).

Typical example of Collective search help is, when you go to MM02 tcode and F4 on Material you will get number of criterias(tabs) to select a materila i.e. based on description or plant or sales ..each tab is a elementary search help and the collection of all these criterias is COllective search help. There is a possibility to add your custom elementary search help in this standard collective search help.

(This is the case with vendor, material,customer..I have not tried in HR).

In your case I suggest you to have a look at the domain and modify the search help attached.

-Kriss