Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about table maintanance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i create a table with 5 fields.

if i goto sm30 it is not display field names. it gives only '+' sign in the place of field names.how can i get field names .

regards,

prabhakar.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

CHeck the translation or If dataelements refered to the fields may not have the Field Label. Check this.

Or else, if u directly used the builtin type give the short description for those fields.

Hope this will be useful for u.

Don't forget to reward points.

Regards,

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain field labels (Short, Medium, Long, Heading)for the data elements you have used in your custom table and regenerate the table maintenance.

-Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

U can always try F1 and this will give u the name of the fields.

Hope this helps u.

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check elements field labels in Se11.Also check the description for the field, if it is blank.

Reward points if helpfull.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to create Z data element with the lable you want to be there on maintainance screen and then use that data element in your table.

You will have to regenerate the table maintainance once you make modifications in the table design.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to regenerate Table Maintenance. And also chek your Authorization group and Function Group and Active. Now it will work. Please check this way...

Regards,

chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prabhakar

you can use F1 key and then go to technical settings of

respective field and can get all the information of that field.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

have to create the field name properly, check that out,and which process have to followed to create a table, top down or bottom up.i dont think if you have given the field name properly than it should come, so check the process again.

thanks

mrutyun