Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About OLE2 Excel programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I set the property 'PageSetup.Zomm' = False through an OLE2 Excel object in ABAP?

I tried:

set property of PageSetup 'Zoom' = 0 .

set property of PageSetup 'Zoom' = 'False' .

But doesn't work.

How can I transfer a Boolean value to an OLE2 object?

Thanks for any hint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Others of us have had the same issue.

See this thread for help...

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Others of us have had the same issue.

See this thread for help...

0 Kudos

Thanks!

But is there any better approach?

0 Kudos

If you review the Internet for this issue, you will see that MANY Windows developers have experienced the same issue.

It appears that Microsoft has not allowed this parameter to set through OLE automation. I would call it a "bug"... perhaps in the form of an oversight.

One other way that I considered was to have SAP download a custom VB app that would be "fired" after the data was placed into Excel. The app would use the Windows handle of the newly, created Excel instance and send it keystrokes to activate the Zoom.

Unfortunately, managing Windows handles across apps can be a pain. So I did not write the VB app to do it. I choose the simpler approach.

Let me know if you come across any other findings.

0 Kudos

Perhaps you could contact Microsoft directly for advice or to log an issue for their Products division.

0 Kudos

Thanks again!

I will try