Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About FM of ORDERS05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to post the ORDERS05 idoc from my custom program.

I have populated the necessary fields of both the control header and the data section of the idoc.I then called the FM IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS and passed the exporting parameters (object and control record) and then the tables parameter(edidd).When executing the program I get a dump stating that In the function module interface, you can specify onlfields of a specific type and length under "INT_EDIDDAlthough the currently specified field" " is the correct type, its length is incorrect.

For data section I have used internal table of type edidd.

I can't understand why I'm getting this dump.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

2 REPLIES 2

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you dealing with inbound IDoc (posting IDoc to SAP application)?

If you are then please use FM IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS instead.

FM IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS is used to generate outbound IDoc (sending to other SAP/external system).

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take care that you are passing data fields only to the sdata component of structure edidd. this is a field of char 1000 & long char data type..the idoc data segment fields should be passed to sdata component only..

The short dump u are getting is because u may be passing char field to NUMC field of idoc structure..check out edidd structure