Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About BADIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what BADIs are and some information about them...

4 REPLIES 4

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Add-Ins are a new SAP enhancement technique based on ABAP Objects. They can be inserted into the SAP System to accommodate user requirements too specific to be included in the standard delivery. Since specific industries often require special functions, SAP allows you to predefine these points in your software.

Check this.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/difference-between-badi-and-user-exits.htm

Kindly reward points by clicking the star on the left of the reply,if you find it as useful.

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

To give u an overview, BADIs can be imagined as OO extensions of SAP enhancements concept. Primary difference between customer enhancemnt and BADIs is BADIs can have multiple implementations.

Also BADIs can be defined according to filter values (filter dependent BADIs) which are useful for mplementing country specific implementations e.g.

The basic theory of BADIs is based on the concept of keyword INTERFACE

Well, if u r CPP or Java developer u must be aware of Interface concept. Interface can be imagined as collection of <b>empty</b> methods. This interface needs to be implemented.

<b>Remember that the class which implements the interface is responsible to provide concrete implementations of interface methods.</b>

I hope u r with me upto this point.

To relate this with how this happens in SAP, imagine that SAP wants his customers to provide certain enhacements to MIGO screen. Hence while designing the application SAP will design/define a BADI creating the interfaces needed. The interface designing is a very crucial task.

Now u can imagine that, as a customer when we are supposed to provide enhancement to MIGO transaction, we will need to implement certain BADI.

SAP has created a BADI MB_MIGO_BADI e.g which can be viewed using SE18 transaction (BADI Definition).

-

Now when it comes to implementing BADI, it implicitly means that we will be creating a class which will implement the inteface defined by SAP. Ok ?

U can implement the BADI using SE19 transaction wherein u need to specify the BADI name. Implementing a BADI creates a class.

e.g.

1. Invoke SE19

2. Put ZMB_MIGO_BADI

3. Specify MB_MIGO_BADI as BADI definition name. If the BADI is filter dependent u can specify the filter criteria.

4. This will create a class <b>ZCL_IM_MB_MIGO_BADI</b>

5. U will see different methods which will have empty implementations. Now u r responsible to fill the necessary details.

6. If u want to see the example code which can be filled in these implmentations some BADIs like MB_MIGO_BADI provides sample code too.

7. Just have a look at <b>CL_EXM_IM_MB_MIGO_BADI</b>

Hope I have cleared What BADIs are and how to implement them.

Revert back to me in case u need further assistance.

Reward the points if the problem is solved

Cheers,

Nitin