Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abnormal PO text in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello professionals,

I have exported some data including PO text using BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA in both 4.7 and ECC6.0. In ECC6.0, my problem is when i view the PO text in mm03, the result is looks like this.

But i exported the same thing in 4.7, It looks perfectly wrap. What is the problem with this ECC6.0? how can i tune to view wrap PO text in the above screen?

Thanks in advance,

Janaraja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you all.....

I found the solution on my own.

Solution is field FORMAT_COL in structure MATERIALLONGTEXT which decide the TEXT_LINE how it should appears.

Output:

-Janaraja

5 REPLIES 5

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Janaraja,

The problem is may be because of Unicode Checks.

Please check the below mentioned Wiki.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Migrating+standard+texts+with+Special+Characters+from+....

As mentioned in the Above Wiki, you need to migrate the data to see proper alignments.

This Wiki is written by me, I am still trying to complete and publish this As soon as possible. Regrets for any typo errors.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Venkat sesha, I understand my ECC 6.0 is unicode system. Whether  is it possible to convert my unicode system to non-unicode system? or is there any existing settings are there to tune it up?

Thanks,

Janaraja

0 Kudos

You need to write the text data into the System with a BDC.

This is the only solution that we found when we do the same. So we did that.

Because when you pass the Text Table to the BAPI or a Function Module , It doesnt know the extact format how to display the data. So you need to Identify the Text ID and Object and then fill the data respectively.

Sample code what we did when we got the same problem is with a BDC.

LOOP AT it_texts INTO wa_texts WHERE tabname+0(4) EQ gv_qmur
                                       AND   qmnum+0(12)  EQ wa_qmfe-qmnum
                                       AND   qmnum+12(4)  EQ wa_qmfe-fenum.

          IF lv_cause_no+31(4) NE wa_texts-qmnum+16(4).
            lv_cause_no1 = lv_cause_no1 + 1.
            EXIT.
          ENDIF.
          lv_val2 = lv_val2 + 1.
          CONDENSE lv_val2.
          lv_size = STRLEN( lv_val2 ).
          IF lv_size LT 2.
            CONCATENATE '0' lv_val2 INTO lv_val2.
          ENDIF.

          CLEAR: lv_fval1,lv_fval2,lv_size.
          lv_val3 = lv_val2 + 1.
          CONDENSE lv_val3.
          lv_size = STRLEN( lv_val3 ).
          IF lv_size LT 2.
            CONCATENATE '0' lv_val3 INTO lv_val3.
          ENDIF.

          CONCATENATE 'RSTXT-TXLINE' '(' lv_val2 ')' INTO lv_fval1.
          CONCATENATE 'RSTXT-TXLINE' '(' lv_val3 ')' INTO lv_fval2.
          CONDENSE: lv_fval1,lv_fval2.

          PERFORM fill_bdc_data USING:
                           'X' 'SAPLSTXX'      '1100',
                           ' ' 'BDC_CURSOR'    lv_fval1,
                           ' ' lv_fval1        wa_texts-tdline,
                           ' ' 'BDC_CURSOR'    lv_fval2,
                           ' ' 'BDC_OKCODE'    '=EDNP'.
          lv_temp_val2 = lv_fval1.
          DELETE TABLE it_texts FROM wa_texts.

        ENDLOOP.    "QMUR LONG TEXTS END LOOP

Hope this helps

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem (as already written) seems relative to Unicode. So you may be required to adjust the way you uploaded data into the server and read it in report (check for onversion and/or dataset statements new options)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you all.....

I found the solution on my own.

Solution is field FORMAT_COL in structure MATERIALLONGTEXT which decide the TEXT_LINE how it should appears.

Output:

-Janaraja